Less is More, ... more or less?


It is most unfortunate that modern America appears to encourage those with much … to take more … from those with little. Perhaps, even more unfortunate it is, that most people who read that statement will think only of material wealth. The God who created us all is much bigger than the pettiness to which his creation often aspires, and sadly, those who have “much” often do take more from those who have given up or sacrificed everything.

However, contrary to popular opinion, you should never be ashamed when you lose everything for someone else's gain, especially if the people for whom you fight, and whom you serve, are worth every minute, every dollar, and every drop of sweat … or blood … also contrary to popular opinion: all people are “worth it.” I don’t necessarily endorse being “proud,” but I do know that the good God who created you is pleased. In the end, He is all that matters.

v.7 "Those things were important to me, but now I think they are worth nothing because of Christ.
v.8 "Not only those things, but I think that all things are worth nothing compared with the greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. Because of him, I have lost all those things, and now I know they are worthless trash. This allows me to have Christ ...
v.9 "... and to belong to him.
Philippians 3:7-9 (NCV)


Comments

Popular Posts